Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Buy Gifts At Airport, Save Money


Naren checks out Changi Airport for he gifts and finds out where to get them wrapped. 

So, why would I want to go all the way to Changi Airport just to buy gifts? 

It is because most shops at the Airport have a Goods and Service Tax (GST) absorption policy, which means that, items you buy from the airport will be cheaper because you will not have to pay GST. 

I bought three books from Times Travel bookstore at the Terminal 3 Public Area, which normally would cost me $72.31 but after subtracting the GST ($4.73), it only cost me $67.58.

You must be thinking, “Where can I wrap the gifts?” 
Sad to say that there are only two places in the Airport that have gift wrapping service:


MINI TOONS is located at Departure Check-in Hall (Terminal 2) and Basement 2 of Terminal 3. Photo by: Naren Lee Sankar.
Yep, at Terminal 3's customer service, the staff had no idea where I could wrap gifts and so, after searching across all terminals and asking four people, I found that MINI TOONS wraps gifts for $5. Though it is more costly than your average price for wrapping a gift, the MINI TOONS staff wraps it very nicely for you.


Photo by: Naren Lee Sankar

Well folks, that wraps this post up but stayed tuned as I cover the Christmas entertainment Changi Airport has to offer real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment